Develop your language and communication skills for a career in healthcare and learn new healthcare vocabulary in English. Learn the language and vocabulary of healthcare professionals. The language of healthcare can be complex. On this course, you will develop your English language skills and learn vocabulary for a career and study in healthcare.
You will learn healthcare terminology and how to communicate in different professional situations. You will practise your listening skills with recordings of healthcare professionals and test your knowledge by writing the answers to discussion questions.
Upon completion of this course, you will feel more confident using healthcare language and you will have explored what it’s like to use these language skills in a healthcare setting.
- Working and learning in the hospital
- Experiences of patients
- Symptoms and diagnoses
- Taking notes and clear communication
- Working in different healthcare contexts: Caring for patients in the home; Healthcare interventions in the community.
- How to write reflectively
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply language skills to a range of healthcare contexts and situations. For example: using adjectives to describe symptoms, using vocabulary related to problems/solutions and causes/effects
- Interpret different genres typical of healthcare, including instructions, notes, reflective journals, registration forms
- Explore new vocabulary and terminology relating to healthcare
- Identify suitable communication modes for different professional situations, for example when giving instructions to patients
- Reflect on your learning, and practice writing a reflective journal. Apply language skills to evaluate your experiences
- Collect and record medical information by reading and listening for specific information
We recommend learners have a minimum of CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) A2 to get the most from this course.
It will also be of interest to anyone looking to develop their English language and communication skills in a healthcare setting.